Saturday, June 13, 2009

June

It has been a busy and difficult couple of weeks for our family. About three weeks ago I enrolled Sarah Ella into a daycare with the intentions of taking her only about 2 days a week. I was orignally on the wait list and was told a spot would not open until August. By the Grace of God we got in early and it was perfect timing. The following week by boss passed away from a massive heart attack. Dr. Sisk was only 51! That week I worked everyday (although it wasnt always treating patients.) So at least I had a great place to take Sarah Ella during the day. That week I also became sick (found out it was Strep throat) and lost my voice. Adam and my mom were also sick. Luckily, Sarah Ella was as healthy as can be. Then towards the end of the week Adam's first dog ever, Gracie, was shot by a distant neighbor. The neighbor claimed Gracie was killing his chickens. Adam was devastated. So our four dog family is down two dogs in one year (my first little dog, Murphy, was hit by a car last June.) For a dog loving family it has been very difficult. Now I'm working 4 days a week and seeing a lot more patiens. I am paid partly on production so my paycheck likes me being busy, but I'm just exhausted. I'm having to not only work with patients, but now I'm trying to figure out how to put a price on a dental practice and deciding if I should buy Dr. Sisk's practice or build one. Adam has been working in Memphis the past 4 days. I realize how much I depend on his help with the baby when he is gone. He comes home tomorrow (he wanted to play some golf with his buddies over the weekend) and then the week will start again. Hopefully, the practice stuff will be resolved soon so that I can just focus on the dentistry.

1 comment:

Penny1215 said...

Bless your heart. I really hope everything gets a little bit better for you. I know you hate being away from Sarah Ella so much. It's really hard being a career woman and a Mother. Your a strong woman though and you'll get through with great success. I'm sure of it. Keeping you in my prayers, Penny