Friday, December 19, 2008

Doctors Appt

We had our doctors appt. in Memphis on Wednesday. I'll post the 3-d ultrasound picture as soon as we have a more reliable internet connection. Sarah Ella weighed 2lbs and 6 ounces! I couldn't believe how big she is already! Everything looked great in the ultrasound which is such a relief! I had my modified blood glucose test and we were surprised that I didn't pass it! My doctor wants a reading of 140mg/dl or less an hour after drinking the sugary drink. My modified glucose was 189mg/dl! I am actually in the low risk category for gestational diabetes and so my doctor wasn't concerened about this. However, normal procedure calls for a three hour fasting blood glucose test. I think I'm going to refuse this though. If I did have gestational diabetes I would just modify my diet. So I'm just going to eat like I have diabetes (which is healthy habity anyway) and have my blood sugar checked at my next doctors appt on Jan 22nd. Adam and I will start prenatal classes at the local hospital in January. So we are excited about that.
This month has flown by and I can't believe Christmas is next week. We still have a few unpacked boxes, but it's starting to come together at the house. We will be in Pulaski up until the day after Christmas then we are driving to Knoxville to see Adam's family.

No comments: