Sunday, January 18, 2009

Prenatal class review

We had our first prenatal class last Thursday at the local hospital in Pulaski. We had a tour of the 'baby wing'. A great thing is that I can stay in the same room the whole time I'm in the hospital - there is no special delivery room. So the rooms are very big and well equipped. We went through a hand book and learned about what to expect when you go into labor. Adam was very interested in the numbers part (how many contractions you are suppose to have before going to the hospital.) I can see that we might have a problem with that. I will think it's time to go to the hospital and he's going to have a spreadsheet out on Excel telling me that I haven't reached my optimal contraction level :) One thing I was very surprised about was that there were a few high school students in the class. Their mothers were there with them. They looked so young and some of the questions they asked were so sad. It was like some of them were hearing where babies came from for the first time. I will post after our next class.

This weekend was Candi Rogers' baby shower. It was so much fun! Candi looked beautiful and she got a lot of cute things for Taylor! We played two fun shower games. One was "Winner takes All." There was a piggy bank and everyone was suppose to put some spare change in it. Then write down how much they think would be in the bank at the end of the shower. The winner won All - the laundry detergent! The other little game was just a drawing for a door prize. Everyone took a thank-you envelope and wrote their address on it. Then there was a drawing from that. I'm sure it will be easier for Candi to write her thank-you notes without having to hunt down addresses now! I'll post a few pics from the shower when I have a better connection!

No comments: